This blog covers our wait, travel, and adjustment to our 4 year old adopted Chinese daughter Sarah Shui Qing from Nanjing. There are over 1000 posts. I have moved my blog to Catching Butterflies 2. I hope you will enjoy reading this blog. It has alot of information on Special needs adoption. Follow us to our new address Catching Butterflies 2! Thank you for reading!

Friday, July 20, 2007

Something for the body and Spirit-
Dare to detox, it is a form of fasting for your health. I'm hoping to teach a seminar based on the book Celebration of Discipline by Richard Foster. Fasting is one of the classic spiritual disciplines. A good book to help you is God's Chosen Fast. In this CNN article you read that Detoxing your body is good for the system. It is also good spiritually. It is hard to do at first, but it does help you think more clearly, and pray with more faith and focus. It is a spiritual discipline I have not practised for awhile, but I'm feeling like it is again what I need to do. I challenge and in courage you to detox for your health, and better yet practise the spiritual discipline of fasting for both your health and spirit.