This blog covers our wait, travel, and adjustment to our 4 year old adopted Chinese daughter Sarah Shui Qing from Nanjing. There are over 1000 posts. I have moved my blog to Catching Butterflies 2. I hope you will enjoy reading this blog. It has alot of information on Special needs adoption. Follow us to our new address Catching Butterflies 2! Thank you for reading!

Thursday, July 19, 2007

Well, we are in the middle of a major melt down. Philip had a book that Sarah decided she wanted. She screamed for it. He did have it first, and I felt it's not right to just take it away from him. So she is having the biggest fit! Philip offered to swap with her (I had given her another book). She would not swap, she wanted both. I forced the one book from her hands, and gave her the book she had made such a fit over. Not good enough, she demanded both. I said stop this or you go to bed. So she is in bed screaming for Juergen. I am the bad guy. She started screaming again, I don't want Mama in Chinese. It's been awhile since I've heard those hateful words. I can not let her act like this. Imagine my spoiled rotten princess pulling this number in kindergarten. No...I can not let this continue. It hurts to sit here, but she has to act like a civil human being. She can not demand everyone give up their toys just because she wants them!


...it's later. She screamed for over 20 minutes. She stubornly cried for Juergen. He isn't home. He is at a buisness meeting tonight (lucky man). I stood my ground. She finally calmed down and began to cry for me. I immidiately picked her up. She did her best to say she was sorry. I told her again what she had done wrong, and that she can not take toys away from other kids. Then I gave her a shower. She had worked up a big sweat. She LOVES her shower. Then we had some watermelon. This melon has allot of seeds in it. It is super sweet, and the best we have had this summer. It made me think that you lose allot of flavore with a seedless watermelon. I guess my life would be much easier if it did not have all these pits, but I don't think it would be so sweet!