This blog covers our wait, travel, and adjustment to our 4 year old adopted Chinese daughter Sarah Shui Qing from Nanjing. There are over 1000 posts. I have moved my blog to Catching Butterflies 2. I hope you will enjoy reading this blog. It has alot of information on Special needs adoption. Follow us to our new address Catching Butterflies 2! Thank you for reading!

Thursday, March 09, 2006




Could it be? We found Sarah Qing on a waiting child list. On this same list is another 3 year old, who I personally find very sweet and very beautiful. She has the same minor special need as Sarah, and happens to be in the same Children s home as Sarah. There is a good chance they are friends. Her name is YuHong. I am praying she finds her forever family soon. I am beginning to want her too. For me this is not such a big deal. After all, what is one more? They could share a room, cloths, etc... but poor Juergen had such a hard time saying yes to Sarah. How could I ever ask him about YuHong? It would cost more, we would need to get a bigger car, and China would need to agree to let us adopt two at once (this is really rare). But she really captures my heart! I know it would probably be best if she is adopted by her own (other) family. I know I can not see clearly what would be best. All I know is if know one else wants her... I do!

PS. I just read she "has a family"! I cried tears of joy! I've prayed all day for this special little girl. I knew Juergen would probably never let me adopt her, but I just hated the idea of maybe going to China to get Sarah, meeting YuHong, and leaving her there. Now I know she will also have a family. I am super happy!