This blog covers our wait, travel, and adjustment to our 4 year old adopted Chinese daughter Sarah Shui Qing from Nanjing. There are over 1000 posts. I have moved my blog to Catching Butterflies 2. I hope you will enjoy reading this blog. It has alot of information on Special needs adoption. Follow us to our new address Catching Butterflies 2! Thank you for reading!

Thursday, March 23, 2006


Why do we call our site catching butterflies? Well, this might sound a little strange to some people if you don't believe in God, and his direction, but here is the story... I was going to visit my best friend Cindy who lives in San Diego. I live in Germany. This was just after Christmas. Cindy has a small group Bible study group she meets with. She mentioned to them we (myself and 3 of my kids) where coming for a visit. The group prayed for us. One of the people had what is known in the Bible as a word of knowledge. That basically means they had a vision or prophetic word from God. They said they see me catching butterflies. When Cindy told me this, I knew right away it had something to do with the adoption. At the time we had not even made a final decision to adopt again, but I wanted to adopt. I just thought it meant I was collecting beautiful children. Anyway, when I saw the face of my new daughter Sarah on a waiting child s list,I just knew she was the one. I noticed she had butterflies on her ball in the photo of her, but made no connection with the word of knowledge. I showed the picture to my daughter Nicole, who is 12 years old, and much smarter then me. The first thing she said was "OH, she is catching butterflies"...