This blog covers our wait, travel, and adjustment to our 4 year old adopted Chinese daughter Sarah Shui Qing from Nanjing. There are over 1000 posts. I have moved my blog to Catching Butterflies 2. I hope you will enjoy reading this blog. It has alot of information on Special needs adoption. Follow us to our new address Catching Butterflies 2! Thank you for reading!

Tuesday, March 28, 2006




This is another Chinese proverb often quoted by people adopting from China. I don't really call it a red thread, but the hand of God. I believe that God directs us, leads us, and provides for us. I believe His hand has been on all our children, keeping them safe, and blessing us with their lives. It is sad they will not know their birth parents. But God has been with them, and will continue with them long after I am gone. I still like this proverb, because it basically says if it was meant to be, it will happen.