This blog covers our wait, travel, and adjustment to our 4 year old adopted Chinese daughter Sarah Shui Qing from Nanjing. There are over 1000 posts. I have moved my blog to Catching Butterflies 2. I hope you will enjoy reading this blog. It has alot of information on Special needs adoption. Follow us to our new address Catching Butterflies 2! Thank you for reading!

Friday, May 05, 2006


A friend of mine just sent me this. I thought it was cute, so I am posting it.


THE MOMMY TEST
I was out walking with my 4 year old daughter. She
picked up
something off the ground and started to put it in
her mouth. I took
the item away from her and I asked her not to do
that.
"Why?" my daughter asked.
"Because it's been laying outside, you don't know
where it's been,
it's dirty and probably has germs" I replied.
At this point, my daughter looked at me with total
admiration and
asked, "Wow! How do you know all this stuff?"
"Uh," ...I was thinking quickly,"All moms know this
stuff. It's on
the Mommy Test. You have to know it, or they don't
let you be a Mommy."
We walked along in silence for 2 or 3 minutes, but
she was
evidently pondering this new information.
"OH...I get it!" she beamed, "So if you don't pass
the test you
have to be the daddy."
"Exactly" I replied back with a big smile on my face
and joy in my
heart.



I have my medical exam next week. I also need to go to Frankfurt to apply for our visa. I wanted to take my medical report with me, but I think I will just go and get the visa started. Hopefully it will go faster if I open a visa file, and send the missing paperwork when I get it. We are going to be waiting for another 2--4 months for travel approval. I am a bit depressed about having to wait, but I am fighting to have a good attitude. I am dreaming about our trip. Right now, we are talking about taking the whole family, and even stopping in Thailand before we go to China. Both our son's where adopted from Thailand. We feel like it would be good for them to see Thailand again, and keep processing their own life stories. Thailand is a great place for us to relax, and really enjoy being together as a family. I think it will be stressful bringing in a 3 year old Chinese girl. It will take a great deal of love, and care from Juergen and I. We will probably not have much time for the other 4 children. This is why we want to spend some quality time with the other 4 children before we get Sarah. Any way, this is our dream. Only God knows what will actually happen in the next 4 or so months. Today we dream, but it is really only a dream for now!