This blog covers our wait, travel, and adjustment to our 4 year old adopted Chinese daughter Sarah Shui Qing from Nanjing. There are over 1000 posts. I have moved my blog to Catching Butterflies 2. I hope you will enjoy reading this blog. It has alot of information on Special needs adoption. Follow us to our new address Catching Butterflies 2! Thank you for reading!

Wednesday, May 17, 2006


How can you tell the difference between a need and a call? Sometimes the need is the call...but sometimes not! There is a 7 year old boy on our adoption agencys waiting list. His name is Yun Peng. He is living with a foster family, he is smart, and very good! I have a real burden for this boy. I have been trying hard to get him a family. I pray for him it seems nearly every waking hour. I can not think of anything else right now. His file will be returned to China next week. His chances of getting a family are to be honest very very small! Who, after all would adopt a 7 year old boy, when they could easily get a 2 year old boy, or 1 year old girl even? My agency says they could even try to get China to give us a waiver, so we could adopt him. Juergen, being the one who must consider sanity, says "no". How can we know if my burden is only a burden to pray, or a call to adopt him. Certainly God could not only call me, with out also giving Juergen this call too! I am praying for Yun Pengs family. My heart will be so sad if they return the file of this special special boy!