This blog covers our wait, travel, and adjustment to our 4 year old adopted Chinese daughter Sarah Shui Qing from Nanjing. There are over 1000 posts. I have moved my blog to Catching Butterflies 2. I hope you will enjoy reading this blog. It has alot of information on Special needs adoption. Follow us to our new address Catching Butterflies 2! Thank you for reading!

Friday, June 30, 2006


How do you like my new music? L'Incontro By Andrea Bocelli
We are big Bocelli fans! My daughter Jessica (14 years old with autism) will not sleep at night unless we play a Bocelli CD. I am so happy she likes Opera and not rap! The poem is read by Bono of U2. The words are so beautiful.

While like a giant, proud and happy,
I take my baby in my arms, Fragile, innocent, and alive
And like a little bird he's pushing against my chest
Abandoned quiet and safe, for an instant, almost sweetly
My destiny appears to me like a dream

And I see myself, old and surrendered,
Seated there near the coal fire,
Waiting for the evening with the anxiety of a child,
Just to see him coming back home
With the gift of his smile, of his words and kindness
It's like a promise that can solve the enormous joy
Of one of his caresses

Then i wake up and I have already forgotten
But inside of me the kid's trapped soul advises me
That this new born child is already more important to me
than that of my own life....



I am sure all my children (Sarah included) are more important to me then my own life. It is amazing to me that God could give me so much love for a child I have not even met yet. But I have known for a very long time (maybe 20 years) that I had a daughter in China. I do not expect her to be a perfect "dream" child. None of my kids are perfect (and their mom is far from perfect). This is not why I love her. I choose to love her. I am sure it will not be hard...because she appears to be so sweet. But even if she makes it hard, she will be loved by me! I have reserved my time, prayers, money and emotions for her. She has her own bedroom and already too many cloths and toys. I really need to stop shopping! Juergen shouts AMEN!!! She has a special high chair (pictured above/child not included) and a place at our table. Now all we need is Sarah!