This blog covers our wait, travel, and adjustment to our 4 year old adopted Chinese daughter Sarah Shui Qing from Nanjing. There are over 1000 posts. I have moved my blog to Catching Butterflies 2. I hope you will enjoy reading this blog. It has alot of information on Special needs adoption. Follow us to our new address Catching Butterflies 2! Thank you for reading!

Tuesday, June 13, 2006

  • Well, I am sure you have already read the big headlines, Czech Republic wins 3 to 0 over the USA at the world cup! What, you did not get all destroyed over this big loss? I did watch the game, and I had a red, white and blue heart painted on my cheek. I found out that Czech Republic is ranked number two in the world, so actually the USA did not do too bad considering the level of team they were up against .
  • I have no adoption news. We are waiting for our visa to come, and then our papers can go to China. I don't think we will travel until the fall. If we get to travel earlier, it will be a very happy surprise!
  • Brazil plays their opening game in the world cup tonight. My 8 year old adopted son Thomas is a Brazil fan. I will try to post pictures of Thomas watching his team play! Thomas was adopted two years ago from Thailand. I got him a green and yellow rain jacket when he first came. He loves this jacket, and the colors. He did not know that yellow and green are Brazil colors. But we told him these are the colors of the best football team in the world. Well, he adopted Brazil because of their colors. Now he is becoming a big fan!!! It is really cute to see this Thai boy growing up in an American and German house cheering for a soccer team from Brazil. He is a citizen of the world!