This blog covers our wait, travel, and adjustment to our 4 year old adopted Chinese daughter Sarah Shui Qing from Nanjing. There are over 1000 posts. I have moved my blog to Catching Butterflies 2. I hope you will enjoy reading this blog. It has alot of information on Special needs adoption. Follow us to our new address Catching Butterflies 2! Thank you for reading!

Sunday, April 16, 2006


I just read this statement on a yahoo adoption web group about someone saying that maybe she was to old to adopt,
"If I adopt this year, when my daughter graduates high school, I'll be 60.
If I don't adopt, in 18 years I'll be 60 anyway."..., I thought this was so funny and so true! I will also be 60 years old when Sarah turns 18 years old. There are plenty of grandmothers in the US raising their own grand children. I know by age I will be an old mom. Still, I think it is far better to have a mom that is older, then no mom at all! My kids manage to keep me young!