This blog covers our wait, travel, and adjustment to our 4 year old adopted Chinese daughter Sarah Shui Qing from Nanjing. There are over 1000 posts. I have moved my blog to Catching Butterflies 2. I hope you will enjoy reading this blog. It has alot of information on Special needs adoption. Follow us to our new address Catching Butterflies 2! Thank you for reading!

Wednesday, April 05, 2006


We had our home study today. This was actually a home study update. We met with the social worker for 3 hours to talk about our family, and the up coming adoption. He had to look at our finances, and see our house. I have tried to clean up, but the kids where always one step behind me. It is often a lost cause. I knew he didn't care how perfect the house looked, all that really matters is , are we a good family. The boys (both adopted) are doing so good it makes us look pretty good! Praise God! I told a friend of mine, we look pretty good on paper, but it can get really crazy around here! Any way, we past the test. We are that much closer to finishing our paper chase. Juergen seems to be getting really excited about the whole thing. He is starting to talk about China all the time now! He even wants to eat Chinese food all the time. When he falls in love, boy does he fall! It is really cool to see him so happy about the whole idea of being Sarahs dad. She is getting a real great dad! I am really blessed to be married to him!!!