This blog covers our wait, travel, and adjustment to our 4 year old adopted Chinese daughter Sarah Shui Qing from Nanjing. There are over 1000 posts. I have moved my blog to Catching Butterflies 2. I hope you will enjoy reading this blog. It has alot of information on Special needs adoption. Follow us to our new address Catching Butterflies 2! Thank you for reading!

Friday, April 28, 2006


Well, I decided I don't want to go back to my doctor. Juergen went to his doctor, and got the exam, and blood work done at one shot, a week later he had the form for the adoption. I respect that! I decided to get an appointment with Juergens doctor too! I wasted a day angry over this "rip off". I decided I don't need to play the victim. I am going to have to wait two weeks for my appointment, but I think it was the correct move!

On another note, I found out that annual sponsorship for a Hugging Granny in a Chinese orphanage is only $544, which covers only their most basic expenses. These men and women come to the orphanages and help give the children the extra input they need to thrive! This program is Christian, and the Hugging grandparents are Christian. Perhaps I can set up some kind of fund raiser before we go? Maybe we could help raise the money for 3 or 4 Hugging grandparents? If you have interest in this, let me know!

for more information about the Hugging grandparents program look at this site!
http://www.altrusa.ws/current_projects/current_projects_index.htm