This blog covers our wait, travel, and adjustment to our 4 year old adopted Chinese daughter Sarah Shui Qing from Nanjing. There are over 1000 posts. I have moved my blog to Catching Butterflies 2. I hope you will enjoy reading this blog. It has alot of information on Special needs adoption. Follow us to our new address Catching Butterflies 2! Thank you for reading!

Friday, December 29, 2006


Hi, I am still expecting new pictures of Sarah soon. Please keep checking back. Maybe today! Anyway, I read about this one women who is making quilts to raise money for their 2ND Chinese adoption. There is a tradition in the northern part of China to make a Bai Jia Bei, or 100 Good Wishes Quilt. When a child is born, friends and family are invited to contribute a scrap of old clothing along with a special wish which is to be made into a quilt by the child's mother. It is said that the luck and energy of the people who wore these clothes surrounds the child when she is wrapped in the quilt. The quilt contains the luck, energy, and good wishes from all the families and friends who contributed a piece of fabric. The quilt is then passed down from generation to generation. My mom has already made a quilt for Sarah. I have not seen the quilt yet (Mom is in the USA, and I am in Germany). It is my surprise! If you don't sew (and I don't sew), and don't have a Mom that sews, maybe you might want to look at buying a quilt and at the same time helping to support this adoption! The web site is HERE.I guess a quilt made by someone else won't have the same kind of "luck energy" as a self made quilt, but it will bless the family selling the quilts, and help bring a child home from China (that has to be worth something)!