This blog covers our wait, travel, and adjustment to our 4 year old adopted Chinese daughter Sarah Shui Qing from Nanjing. There are over 1000 posts. I have moved my blog to Catching Butterflies 2. I hope you will enjoy reading this blog. It has alot of information on Special needs adoption. Follow us to our new address Catching Butterflies 2! Thank you for reading!

Sunday, December 17, 2006


per·spec·tive: The ability to perceive things in their actual interrelations or comparative importance: tried to keep my perspective throughout the crisis.


I read a post on one of my yahoo groups recently that seemed a bit over dramatic. The writer was a waiting mom who is understandably disappointed she will not be adopting her new child before Christmas. I am sure there are allot of us equally disappointed we won't be spending Christmas with our new children. It would have made the day very special! I am going to try very hard to make it special anyway! I keep reminding myself to keep my perspective! Sarah does not know what Christmas is, I am sure she won't be missing it! I am the big loser here! And my loss will be soon replaced with joy, our travel approval can not be too far away! I've heard some real sad and genuinely tragic news lately. Several people I know are going through some very real trouble! Sure I would have loved to have Sarah home for Christmas, but this seems like a small thing to me now...I don't want to bring you down with the tragic stories of others I've heard about this week! All I can say is it's given me a new perspective! If I start wining or complaining...please someone kick me!