This blog covers our wait, travel, and adjustment to our 4 year old adopted Chinese daughter Sarah Shui Qing from Nanjing. There are over 1000 posts. I have moved my blog to Catching Butterflies 2. I hope you will enjoy reading this blog. It has alot of information on Special needs adoption. Follow us to our new address Catching Butterflies 2! Thank you for reading!

Friday, December 08, 2006

Some families from my agency who have been waiting a very long time received their TA's (travel approval) today. I didn't! I knew there was no realistic way it would happen, but I pray and I really hope! I guess that also leaves me open to some pretty strong disappointment! I think everyone loves the person who has faith and "wins", but what about those who have faith and do not see the evidence of their desire manifested? I think I need to go back and read Hebrews 11. It begins with these famous words... Now faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see. This is what the ancients were commended for. and ends with these less known words... These were all commended for their faith, yet none of them received what had been promised. God had planned something better for us so that only together with us would they be made perfect.
Something to think about. I guess the bottom line is not that I receive what I am hopping for (in my case a TA before the end of the year), but that I place my trust in God, and receive more of Him. Sarah would be an amazing Christmas gift...but Christmas is about Jesus. I already have Christ!