This blog covers our wait, travel, and adjustment to our 4 year old adopted Chinese daughter Sarah Shui Qing from Nanjing. There are over 1000 posts. I have moved my blog to Catching Butterflies 2. I hope you will enjoy reading this blog. It has alot of information on Special needs adoption. Follow us to our new address Catching Butterflies 2! Thank you for reading!

Wednesday, December 27, 2006



Hi, I hope you all had a nice Christmas! We are still enjoying our vacation. Juergen gets two weeks of vacation. We did nothing but eat, sleep, and play for the past few days. Now our minds are turning towards "the list" of stuff we want to take care of around the house. Juergen is putting a net under the open stairway in our 3 story house. We hope Sarah will be smart enough not to try to slip through the stairs, but we don't want to take any chances. Our oldest daughter Jessica almost fell through the stair railing when she was smaller. This was in another house, and we put a net up for her too. Sarah is just a little thing...and we just don't know how careful she will be! 3 floors is a long way to fall! Anyway, it will keep her from dropping her toys down the stairs. I may get new pictures of Sarah tomorrow! I thought I did not care about new pictures (you know, all I want is the real thing). Actually, I am excited about new pictures! Our papers went to China two months ago, so we also hope to get our TA (travel approval)in the next two to four weeks! My heart is full of joy and expectation!