This blog covers our wait, travel, and adjustment to our 4 year old adopted Chinese daughter Sarah Shui Qing from Nanjing. There are over 1000 posts. I have moved my blog to Catching Butterflies 2. I hope you will enjoy reading this blog. It has alot of information on Special needs adoption. Follow us to our new address Catching Butterflies 2! Thank you for reading!

Monday, December 24, 2007


HERE is the blog of one family getting their new daughter today. Sarah is getting her bike tonight. In Germany we open the gifts after Church (the traditional manger play). The kids will go to church with Papa, and I stay home to set things up at home. We never leave gifts under the tree early. I spent yesterday afternoon packing gifts. Nicole helped me. I plan to put up our artificial tree in the boys bedroom. I'll cover it with chocolate ornaments. I will put all the gifts under this tree. When they get home from church they may experience a few seconds of panic because there won't be any gifts under the living room tree. Then they will follow the red thread to the new tree. That's the plan. I'll post the photos later. I've got to shop for food. The stores close for two days. We are having Sauerbraten for dinner. Merry Christmas everyone. God bless you and keep you safe.

PS. They got her. Isn't she beautiful!!!