This blog covers our wait, travel, and adjustment to our 4 year old adopted Chinese daughter Sarah Shui Qing from Nanjing. There are over 1000 posts. I have moved my blog to Catching Butterflies 2. I hope you will enjoy reading this blog. It has alot of information on Special needs adoption. Follow us to our new address Catching Butterflies 2! Thank you for reading!

Thursday, December 20, 2007


They don't all find families. This is Yan Fu Ming. He was blind and spent his short life in a Chinese orphanage with out a family. He would have been 2 years old on Sunday, but today he took another journey. He died. How or why I do not know. What I do know is there were people searching for his family. He had a grant for his adoption. I'm sure many people were looking and praying for his family. In a way these people were his family. They were the ones who cared about his future. Today he has not died unnoticed.

This is the second verse from the Christmas song Away in the Manger...

Be near me, Lord Jesus,
I ask Thee to stay
Close by me forever
And love me I pray

Bless all the dear children
In Thy tender care
And take us to heaven
To live with Thee there