This blog covers our wait, travel, and adjustment to our 4 year old adopted Chinese daughter Sarah Shui Qing from Nanjing. There are over 1000 posts. I have moved my blog to Catching Butterflies 2. I hope you will enjoy reading this blog. It has alot of information on Special needs adoption. Follow us to our new address Catching Butterflies 2! Thank you for reading!

Wednesday, December 05, 2007


I just dropped Sarah off at the kindergarten. Her teacher told me that tomorrow afternoon Saint Nicholas will come to the kindergarten for a visit. We told Sarah and she got very afraid. I almost could not leave her. I had to stay for 10 mins. just to calm her down because she just seemed so afraid. She has no real concept of this whole Santa thing. Here in Germany December 6Th is Saint Nicholas day. The kids get cookies and small gifts in the morning. Santa does not come on Christmas, that is the Christ Child. I actually like the German tradition better then the American way. We also decorate the tree on Christmas eve. I will buy the tree next week, and leave it on the balcony until then. Every day until Christmas (beginning December 1) our kids get a small gift in their advent calender. Every morning it's a small bit of excitement.