This blog covers our wait, travel, and adjustment to our 4 year old adopted Chinese daughter Sarah Shui Qing from Nanjing. There are over 1000 posts. I have moved my blog to Catching Butterflies 2. I hope you will enjoy reading this blog. It has alot of information on Special needs adoption. Follow us to our new address Catching Butterflies 2! Thank you for reading!

Sunday, December 16, 2007



There is a 9 year old boy on a waiting list. His file needs to be returned soon. I think his file has made the rounds to 3 agency's and will probably not be sent to another agency. This sweet child will be considered unadoptable. He is healthy. His speech is delayed, and he is a little behind in his development. He turns 10 years old in January. I realize what goes into adopting an older child. He needs a special family...one that can accept his challenges. I'm sure he would thrive in a good family! There is a $10,000 grant to help cover his adoption expenses. If you live in the USA all his other adoption expenses would be covered by the tax credit the USA offers. If you wanted to change the world...here is your chance to really make a difference! He looks like a really sweet kid! I'm sure he would add a great deal of joy to a family. If it's not your family, then please pray a family comes forwards soon. As my good husband says, "every child deserves a family"!