This blog covers our wait, travel, and adjustment to our 4 year old adopted Chinese daughter Sarah Shui Qing from Nanjing. There are over 1000 posts. I have moved my blog to Catching Butterflies 2. I hope you will enjoy reading this blog. It has alot of information on Special needs adoption. Follow us to our new address Catching Butterflies 2! Thank you for reading!

Sunday, October 29, 2006

Hi, I just found this really great short film on You-tube. It is about a boy who sponsors a girl from Africa, and through their letters falls in love with her. I know this short film is off the topic of adoption. What I really liked about it is how it shows that the people we sponsor in other countries are in fact people. They are wonderful, intelligent, funny, caring and lovable people. They may require help because they are caught in times of war, sickness, and poverty, but they are not just numbers. I know this because I have two adopted sons. I know children in orphanages are wonderful people who deserve love. They are so much more then numbers. Anyway I was touched by this short film. I thought you might like it too!