This blog covers our wait, travel, and adjustment to our 4 year old adopted Chinese daughter Sarah Shui Qing from Nanjing. There are over 1000 posts. I have moved my blog to Catching Butterflies 2. I hope you will enjoy reading this blog. It has alot of information on Special needs adoption. Follow us to our new address Catching Butterflies 2! Thank you for reading!

Tuesday, October 24, 2006


We just had an interesting discussion with our boys (both adopted) about why they need to call us mommy and daddy (actually it's MOM,in a demanding tone, and papa in a sweet give me what I want tone). What would you say? Allot of parents allow their kids to call them by their fist names. I think names, and titles communicate respect. They don't call their teachers by their first name. The say Mrs. SO and So... This is a sign of respect. We also make our kids say please and thank you. We are so extremely old fashioned. When they do something wrong we make them (and I mean make them...because to Philip it is a fate worse then death) say sorry! It is all about learning respect. You may disagree with me on this one. Anyway, that's how we do it around here. Besides I like to be called MOM. There are not too many people who get to call me that. Many can call me Amy. I am not willing to give up the title, I like it!