This blog covers our wait, travel, and adjustment to our 4 year old adopted Chinese daughter Sarah Shui Qing from Nanjing. There are over 1000 posts. I have moved my blog to Catching Butterflies 2. I hope you will enjoy reading this blog. It has alot of information on Special needs adoption. Follow us to our new address Catching Butterflies 2! Thank you for reading!

Friday, October 13, 2006


This story has nothing to do with adoption or my family, but I thought it was interesting. A baker named Valentyn Shtefano made a wedding gown out of flour, eggs, sugar and caramel in the western Ukrainian city of Uzhhorod. I wonder if they eat the dress? And with a baker for a husband, will she fit in to the dress 10 years from now?
Did he wear his baker uniform to the wedding, or did he bake himself a suite? Was she the wedding cake, or just the top of the cake?
Note: I have no news about the adoption. I don't even know if our papers have gone to China yet. The delay is making me really sad! I either laugh or I cry. I am not even sure we will make it to China by Sarah’s 4th birthday at this speed. Her birthday is in February. You can probably expect allot of funny stuff on my blog. I'm going to try to keep laughing. There is nothing I can do to move the process forward. We are dealing with 3 countries...and things just take more time. I keep reminding myself that it is a wonder we are adopting at all. A year ago Juergen was saying no to another adoption. Today he is also very sad that everything is taking so long. He has really adopted Sarah in is heart, and it will be a beautiful thing to see him claim his daughter...a very beautiful thing! Maybe someday we will be picking out a wedding dress for Sarah. I don’t think it will be made of cake…but you never know. Actually, one of the things I want to buy in China is white silk...for someday!