This blog covers our wait, travel, and adjustment to our 4 year old adopted Chinese daughter Sarah Shui Qing from Nanjing. There are over 1000 posts. I have moved my blog to Catching Butterflies 2. I hope you will enjoy reading this blog. It has alot of information on Special needs adoption. Follow us to our new address Catching Butterflies 2! Thank you for reading!

Friday, October 27, 2006



I wanted to tell you about a new book I am going to order today. Its called "There is no me without you". It is the story of a middle class Ethiopian widow whose home became the refuge for hundreds of aids orphans.We adopted Philip & Thomas through Adoption Advocates International. They do allot of work with the children in Ethiopia. They have a very good adoption program, a home for children with aids, and also educational programs to help the kids who will never be adopted. There is a steady increase in the number of Ethiopian children becoming orphans because of Aids. In the past it was mostly famine, conflict and other diseases that claimed the lives of parents. I am not sure of this fact, but I believe Ethiopia has the highest percentage of orphans in the world. The need is over whelming. If you can not adopt from Ethiopia, I encourage you to give. There are allot of agency's there, but I know AAI does a very good work, and basically 100% of what you give will make it to the kids!