This blog covers our wait, travel, and adjustment to our 4 year old adopted Chinese daughter Sarah Shui Qing from Nanjing. There are over 1000 posts. I have moved my blog to Catching Butterflies 2. I hope you will enjoy reading this blog. It has alot of information on Special needs adoption. Follow us to our new address Catching Butterflies 2! Thank you for reading!

Tuesday, July 04, 2006





Happy 4th of July!!! There are two days a year that make it a bit strange or even hard living in Europe. The 4th of July and Thanksgiving. Everyone here is at work. The topic of the day is Germany' s world cup game with Italy tonight. We plan to have a barbecue tonight before the big game. Across the big pound I know Americans are gathering for BQ's and family get togethers. My family will also gather together. I again will be absent. My kids have never been to a 4th of July parade or picnic. They may never experience a watermelon eating contest or 3 legged race. Tonight I will paint their faces with the colors of the German flag. We are now cheering for the Germans to win the world cup! I do remember my home... and I do pray that our God continues to bless her on her 230th Birthday! I wish I was there! Eat a big piece of apple pie for me!


God Bless America


by Irving Berlin


"While the storm clouds gather far across the sea,
Let us swear allegiance to a land that's free,
Let us all be grateful for a land so fair,
As we raise our voices in a solemn prayer.

God Bless America.
Land that I love
Stand beside her, and guide her
Thru the night with a light from above.
From the mountains, to the prairies ,
To the oceans, white with foam
God bless America
My home sweet home."