This blog covers our wait, travel, and adjustment to our 4 year old adopted Chinese daughter Sarah Shui Qing from Nanjing. There are over 1000 posts. I have moved my blog to Catching Butterflies 2. I hope you will enjoy reading this blog. It has alot of information on Special needs adoption. Follow us to our new address Catching Butterflies 2! Thank you for reading!

Thursday, July 20, 2006


Hi, While we wait to bring home our new daughter, I thought I might try to raise some money to help another family adopt. There is a thing called the Blogathon. It takes place for 24 hours July 29-30. I want to raise grant money for Love with out Boundaries program Tuan Yuan adoption grant. This program offers a $3,000 grant to a waiting child whose file is about to be returned. The hope is the extra money will help generate more interest in the child...and help a family move forward with the adoption. Anyway, if I blog for 24 hours (I need to post on my blog every 30 mins for 24 hours) my sponsors pay money to the Tuan Yuan fund. I figure I need 120 people to sponsor me for just $1 per hour pulse give an extra $1 (a $25 total) and we could raise the money for one grant. I don't have any interest in bloging for 24 hours if I can not find sponsors. By the way, all money goes directly to LWB, I don't get it, and I don't want it. I am posting this letter to see if anyone would be interested in sponsoring me. If I get good feedback, I will go ahead and blog! I also want to say, sponsors are not required to read my blog...that is optional.