This blog covers our wait, travel, and adjustment to our 4 year old adopted Chinese daughter Sarah Shui Qing from Nanjing. There are over 1000 posts. I have moved my blog to Catching Butterflies 2. I hope you will enjoy reading this blog. It has alot of information on Special needs adoption. Follow us to our new address Catching Butterflies 2! Thank you for reading!

Wednesday, August 30, 2006


Good News (I think)! We got our police clearance in the mail today. We should be able to FedEx everything to our agency in the morning. The bad news is that the police clearance is still only in German. It has German federal seals on it, a requirement, but no English translation. I'm sure it will be worked out by our agency! It will unfortunately take some more time! I am trying really hard to not stress out over things I can not control, which seems to be just about everything! Some times it seems like you jump one hurdle only to find another hurdle standing in your road! I have faith that we will finish this process and finally travel to China for Sarah! All I can say is I thought we would be finished with this paper chase two months ago. I was hoping to be getting travel approval by now! What was that saying about spilled milk? I know that Gods timing is perfect! Even if it does not feel like we are one step closer, we are! It is really hard to see her picture on my refrigerator, and not feel sad we can not just go get her! Thailand is only 3 hours from China. We waited a ridiculously long time for Thomas too. But we have him, and in the end that is all that matters! Sorry to sound so down! I am basically stressed Jessica is sick. I don't feel so great myself, so maybe I am getting "it". We travel (God willing) to Thailand without the certainty I would love to have about Sarah’s paperwork. Let me tell you some thing profound (you probably already know)…with any risk there is uncertainty. Life does not carry a guarantee! But if you want more in this life, you need to risk! So here we are having to deal with some small uncertainty. Ok, it feels bad, but so what!