This blog covers our wait, travel, and adjustment to our 4 year old adopted Chinese daughter Sarah Shui Qing from Nanjing. There are over 1000 posts. I have moved my blog to Catching Butterflies 2. I hope you will enjoy reading this blog. It has alot of information on Special needs adoption. Follow us to our new address Catching Butterflies 2! Thank you for reading!

Wednesday, August 02, 2006


Hi, Jessica is still sleeping in Sarah's bed (or at least the bed we had bought for her). The room isn’t that big, so we just ordered her a new (smaller) bed. I love it! I think I will be able to
FedEx the final paper work to our agency on Friday. God willing our papers will go to China next week. I have had the crazy idea I should try to adopt two kids at once. I actually found another girl at Adoption Advocates International, our old agency. She has the prettiest smile I've ever seen. She is 4 years old. Juergen says "no". I'm sure she will get another family. To be honest with you I shopped for Sarah’s bed to try to help myself feel better (retail therapy they call it). What is wrong with me? Why can't I just be happy with one more? I am pretty sure Juergen will not let us adopt one more time. Sarah (at least I think) will be our last. I realize I can not parent all the orphans in this world. It is just so hard for me (who has so much) not to just want to do more! I could make room for one more! As happy as I am about getting Sarah, I am already crying for all those that will never have a place they call home. They will never know a mom who would spoil them and fight for them!