This blog covers our wait, travel, and adjustment to our 4 year old adopted Chinese daughter Sarah Shui Qing from Nanjing. There are over 1000 posts. I have moved my blog to Catching Butterflies 2. I hope you will enjoy reading this blog. It has alot of information on Special needs adoption. Follow us to our new address Catching Butterflies 2! Thank you for reading!

Wednesday, August 30, 2006

One more thought before I go to bed. I seem to have jet lag already! I can not seem to fall asleep until 2am.I'm getting on US time but Thailand is 6 hours ahead of Germany, not 2 hour behind us!!!

Anyway, most people in Germany have only one child. I am not sure, but Germany may even have a negative birth rate. Our family is way above average! I was reading a post about large families on a yahoo group. One woman wrote this, "My grandma had seven children - when people would ask her why she had so many children, or some other crazy remark, she would answer them with, "And just which one could I do without?" I live by those words!! So, yes, there is more work with a large family, but to me, it seems like there is a lot more love too!!!

I just love those words, and just which one would I do without? I am so grateful to
God for my family and friends. I could not do without you!