This blog covers our wait, travel, and adjustment to our 4 year old adopted Chinese daughter Sarah Shui Qing from Nanjing. There are over 1000 posts. I have moved my blog to Catching Butterflies 2. I hope you will enjoy reading this blog. It has alot of information on Special needs adoption. Follow us to our new address Catching Butterflies 2! Thank you for reading!

Friday, September 08, 2006









Day 6: Today is the 15th birthday of my first born child Jessica. Her name means God’s gift. I often see her as a large package beautifully wrapped, yet left unopened. Every once in awhile we catch glimpses of the treasure that is hidden away, but most of the time this beautiful gift remains wrapped. Jessica often writes that we are deceived as her parents. She believes she is not such a great person. She believes she is a hopeless cause. But I have seen glimpse of her humor, her wisdom, and her intelligence. I love the children’s story, “The secret garden”. Once the children find the key to this garten, and unlock the door, they are able to clean away the dead wood and leaves. Once again the garden comes to life. The potential was never lost, just hidden away!