This blog covers our wait, travel, and adjustment to our 4 year old adopted Chinese daughter Sarah Shui Qing from Nanjing. There are over 1000 posts. I have moved my blog to Catching Butterflies 2. I hope you will enjoy reading this blog. It has alot of information on Special needs adoption. Follow us to our new address Catching Butterflies 2! Thank you for reading!

Thursday, September 21, 2006

Hi, I put the funny videos on my site for my kids. I don't really want them watching U-tube because there is allot of junk on it. We don't have any adoption news right now. Our papers are still in Washington DC being processed for China. Maybe they will go to China tomorrow or next week? My best guess for a travel date is around Christmas. Maybe sooner, maybe later! There is also another family I know of traveling to Nanjing soon. Maybe we will get new photos of Sarah soon. For now, we are just settling in to the school work routine. Philip has his first day of school on Saturday. They have a big ceremony. I'll post some pictures of it. Philip actually began the first grade last fall. He had trouble learning the symbols. He could count to 20, and say his ABC's in English and German, but if you pointed to a letter or number he could not say what it was. We pulled him out of school in March. I home schooled him. Now he has caught up. I'm sure he will do just fine now! Next week I will have my mornings to myself. I hope to reorganize my house and clean up my yard. I think I will keep Sarah home until next fall. She needs to go to kindergarten to learn German. I hope you enjoy the videos.