This blog covers our wait, travel, and adjustment to our 4 year old adopted Chinese daughter Sarah Shui Qing from Nanjing. There are over 1000 posts. I have moved my blog to Catching Butterflies 2. I hope you will enjoy reading this blog. It has alot of information on Special needs adoption. Follow us to our new address Catching Butterflies 2! Thank you for reading!

Saturday, November 04, 2006


I have to admit, I am feeling kind of depressed lately! I felt like I had to fight so hard just to get our papers to China. The papers finally went last week, so I was happy. Now the deep feeling of grief over lost time ( and to be honest with you money- because we will not claim Sarah on our taxes this year) is really getting me down! It does not help that it is freezing outside, and the sky is filled with black clouds! I know that the sadness only lasts for awhile, and our TA will eventually come. My mom tried to cheer me up, but you know sometimes we just need to cry when we have lost something! I think I will be OK, but first I just need to grieve!

Give sorrow words.
Shakespeare