This blog covers our wait, travel, and adjustment to our 4 year old adopted Chinese daughter Sarah Shui Qing from Nanjing. There are over 1000 posts. I have moved my blog to Catching Butterflies 2. I hope you will enjoy reading this blog. It has alot of information on Special needs adoption. Follow us to our new address Catching Butterflies 2! Thank you for reading!

Monday, November 20, 2006


We don't really have Thanksgiving here in Germany.I would have to say it is the oddest day of the year here. People go to work, nothing shuts down,same as any other day! I remember the best turkey I ever cooked in the USA. We lived in California, and invited international students from the University home to share the dinner with us. I got a large turkey, and after washing it, I placed it in a new trash bag. Then I took a whole bottle of brandy and poured that into the bag. I let it marinate for 3 days in the refrigerator. Finally, I baked the turkey in a Reynolds baking bag. The turkey fell off the bones, and had the very best flavor! I highly recommend this to anyone who wants to bake a turkey for Thanksgiving! It is so easy, and so good!!!