This blog covers our wait, travel, and adjustment to our 4 year old adopted Chinese daughter Sarah Shui Qing from Nanjing. There are over 1000 posts. I have moved my blog to Catching Butterflies 2. I hope you will enjoy reading this blog. It has alot of information on Special needs adoption. Follow us to our new address Catching Butterflies 2! Thank you for reading!

Friday, November 17, 2006



We did not get any new photos of Sarah today (sad). We did get this picture of her Orphanage. I also found out that the organization "Half the Sky" has been there for the last month. They have really well trained nannies that do great stuff with the kids. So Amity has hugging grannies there and half the sky also has nannies. She will probably have unrealistic expectations of me when she comes (with all those nannies helping her day and night). It is great she is in such a wonderful environment! I've read it is probably the best orphanage in China! I am glad for the kids in Nanjing, but since they already had Amity, maybe half the sky should have gone to an orphanage were they don't get any extra input? There is no good reason to spoil one orphan population while so many other kids are starved for additional affection!