This blog covers our wait, travel, and adjustment to our 4 year old adopted Chinese daughter Sarah Shui Qing from Nanjing. There are over 1000 posts. I have moved my blog to Catching Butterflies 2. I hope you will enjoy reading this blog. It has alot of information on Special needs adoption. Follow us to our new address Catching Butterflies 2! Thank you for reading!

Thursday, September 13, 2007


All the kids are in school and Sarah wants to go to school too. I went to the large kindergarten in our area just to see if they have a place for Sarah. They must have a new director because the whole atmosphere of the place has changed. It is much nicer then I remember it. Philip went there for a short time 4 years ago. Back then we didn't like the place. Any way, I will talk with the director in one hour. It looks like Sarah could get in! She was so happy when I showed her around. She misses playing with other children. I really think it's time for her to go to kindergarten. I will also really love having my mornings back. My whole house is a mess! I need the time to clean, and get back to my garden, go to a women's Bible study, and basically find myself again! I hope it works out! I will let you know!


up date: She got the place! They didn't want her to begin until October. Sarah was playing really well and did not want to leave. The director then said she could begin on Monday. Sarah cried when we left, but calmed down when she finally understood she will get to come back soon. Now she looks so proud she could bust her buttons! She is all hugs and kisses! She is really ready to go play with other kids. I'm so glad it looks like it's going to work out.