This blog covers our wait, travel, and adjustment to our 4 year old adopted Chinese daughter Sarah Shui Qing from Nanjing. There are over 1000 posts. I have moved my blog to Catching Butterflies 2. I hope you will enjoy reading this blog. It has alot of information on Special needs adoption. Follow us to our new address Catching Butterflies 2! Thank you for reading!

Thursday, September 20, 2007


I told Sarah again this morning that I would be the one picking her up from school. I also said Papa would be at work, and I would have cookies and a drink waiting for her in the car. We would go pick Philip up after school. When I picked her up, she looked sad like she would begin to cry! Then you could see her playing our dialogue over like a tape player in her brain. She asked if I brought the cookies. I said yes, and she waved goodbye to everyone. It was cute! The car window was opened. She shouted to all the people on the street, "Goodbye, see you tomorrow"! She looked like a princess waving to people in a parade! Thank God for progress. Now I need to train her to gracefully say goodbye to her Papa at the airport! Goodbye Papa...see you next week! There will be cookies waiting on the airplane and apple pie at Grandmas house. You can count on it!