This blog covers our wait, travel, and adjustment to our 4 year old adopted Chinese daughter Sarah Shui Qing from Nanjing. There are over 1000 posts. I have moved my blog to Catching Butterflies 2. I hope you will enjoy reading this blog. It has alot of information on Special needs adoption. Follow us to our new address Catching Butterflies 2! Thank you for reading!

Tuesday, September 18, 2007




Sarah had her first day of kindergarten today. She was very excited. Juergen and I both brought her to school. She was not afraid. She kissed us both goodbye with out a problem. The problem began when I picked her up. I had to pick her up at 11:45 because I pick Philip up at noon. She was sad to go. She was also very sad her Papa wasn't there to pick her up. I told her Papa was working, but that wasn't good enough. She screamed bloody murder in the car. She took her seat belt off, and even started to hit Jessica who doesn't have school on Tuesdays. I almost didn't get to Philips school in time to pick him up. She refused to get back into her car seat for 10 minutes after we got Philip. I demanded she apologise to me and to Jessica, or I would not take her to school again! She calmed down and said sorry...both to me and to Jess. Change is so hard for Sarah. With every change, she wants her Papa, her anchor. I understand it, but I just can not give her Papa every time she wants him. We make the big trip to the USA in only 10 days. I am terrified she is going to start her uncontrollable temper tantrums in the middle of our 12 hour flight. There is nothing I can do to make it better. Please pray for me. Some how Sarah has to understand what is about to happen. She just gets so afraid of losing her Papa. She has got to really trust me!