This blog covers our wait, travel, and adjustment to our 4 year old adopted Chinese daughter Sarah Shui Qing from Nanjing. There are over 1000 posts. I have moved my blog to Catching Butterflies 2. I hope you will enjoy reading this blog. It has alot of information on Special needs adoption. Follow us to our new address Catching Butterflies 2! Thank you for reading!

Sunday, September 30, 2007


My mom who has hurt her knee and my sister Diana were at the airport to pick us up. Sarah ran to her grandma and gave her a very big kiss. We were hungry so we stopped at Denny's on the way home. I wanted pancakes. I always seem to miss the pancakes with maple syrup more then anything. Strange what a person misses about home. After the lunch I wanted to give my new credit card a try to see if it work in the USA. I've never used it before. There was an older man sitting alone at the counter ordering his lunch. He looked pretty scratched up and a bit dirty like a homeless man. I though he was coming in from the rain that had begun to fall in buckets. I felt like God told me to pay for this man's lunch. I did not question it. I just did it. When the cashier gave me my total I immediately told him to add this man's lunch to my bill. The man looked at me in a surprised way and asked why. I said I just came home and I am feeling very happy. I just want to do this. He said that he saw 2 hungry people just yesterday and he gave them $20. I then said that the good thing he just did was coming back at him. He said "God bless you". His eyes were very intense. I think I was looking into the eyes of an angel. I would not be surprised if he really was an angel!