This blog covers our wait, travel, and adjustment to our 4 year old adopted Chinese daughter Sarah Shui Qing from Nanjing. There are over 1000 posts. I have moved my blog to Catching Butterflies 2. I hope you will enjoy reading this blog. It has alot of information on Special needs adoption. Follow us to our new address Catching Butterflies 2! Thank you for reading!

Saturday, September 08, 2007


We got home last night after a long drive home from Texel. Sarah was very good in the car. The boys on the other hand made the trip stressful for everyone else. They just have too much energy to sit still in a car for 10 hours. There was a lot of traffic so the trip home was extra long! We have a very large list of things to do this weekend. School begins on Monday. Sarah is clinging to Juergen. She will not let him out of her sight. I guess he is just her anchor, and she needs him every time there is a change. I wish this were not so. I wish she would trust me more, but it's this way now. I hope she feels safe enough to let her papa go to work on Monday. The kids will also be going. That is a lot of change for her to deal with in one day. Philip was so "go with the flow" when he came home. Thomas gets sort of mean and demanding when he deals with change. Sarah is the worst by far. Is it any wonder? She hardly ever played outside in the SWI garden. She never went anywhere in her first 4 years. She was never in a store, the zoo, or anywhere! I take her to America in 3 weeks. I'm trying not to panic! She knows we plan to take her to see grandma. Right now she cries and says she does not want to go. I guess it's just going to take time (years) until she really believes that this wonderful thing called family isn't going to go away. I'm glad to be home. I'm not going to get caught in a trap of fear. Today is the day God has made. Today is Jessica's birthday, and I love and praise God for my beautiful daughter Jessica!