This blog covers our wait, travel, and adjustment to our 4 year old adopted Chinese daughter Sarah Shui Qing from Nanjing. There are over 1000 posts. I have moved my blog to Catching Butterflies 2. I hope you will enjoy reading this blog. It has alot of information on Special needs adoption. Follow us to our new address Catching Butterflies 2! Thank you for reading!

Sunday, July 01, 2007


I got e-mail from the mom of Sarah's old friend Abby. They were in the bed next to each other in the orphanage in Nanjing. Abby was adopted about two months before Sarah. It sounds like she is doing great! She got a really great family! Abby's mom asked me if Sarah likes feet because Abby loves to have her feet rubbed. As it turns out, Sarah does love to have her feet rubbed. Maybe the girls rubbed each others feet in China! It's an odd fact, but maybe a small piece of what I do not know about Sarah. There are 4 years of unknown history. Some times it's history I don't even want to know...but then I have to change my mind. I really want to know what makes my bossy princess who she is! I'm also very grateful to know some of the families who have adopted kids who shared those early years with Sarah. It's an amazing gift!