This blog covers our wait, travel, and adjustment to our 4 year old adopted Chinese daughter Sarah Shui Qing from Nanjing. There are over 1000 posts. I have moved my blog to Catching Butterflies 2. I hope you will enjoy reading this blog. It has alot of information on Special needs adoption. Follow us to our new address Catching Butterflies 2! Thank you for reading!

Sunday, July 08, 2007




I had Sarah with me as I taught my English Sunday school class this morning. We again made balloon animals and hats. This time we sold them to raise money for orphans in Bulgaria. Nicole told me the kids loved the project. I think at least the girls loved it. 5TH,6TH,and 7TH grade boys don't really "love" anything but football and computer games!It's a tough age!
9 is also a tough age. I took Philip, Thomas, Sarah, and Thomas' friend to jump in (an indoor play park). It was a little hard because Thomas had a friend and Philip didn't. Philip didn't want to play with Sarah so I had to chase her for 3 hours. Thomas and his friend weren't very nice to Philip. At least Philip doesn't let it bother him too much. Thomas would have cried like a baby had Philip and a friend ignored him like that! Anyway, Juergen got a free day too. A few more quite days and I might even be able to think clearly, and dream big. It's probably safer not to dream. I might imagine myself capable of more...that would be dangerous!