This blog covers our wait, travel, and adjustment to our 4 year old adopted Chinese daughter Sarah Shui Qing from Nanjing. There are over 1000 posts. I have moved my blog to Catching Butterflies 2. I hope you will enjoy reading this blog. It has alot of information on Special needs adoption. Follow us to our new address Catching Butterflies 2! Thank you for reading!

Saturday, July 28, 2007




I got my first summer fun post on the adoption forum. It came from Fran who has 2 Chinese grand kids. She wrote about making mandalas with her grand kids. We like making mandalas too. It's very good for hand strength. Philip's Occupational Therapist used mandalas. Kids need good coloring skills for school. It makes them better writers. We have a book of mandalas, but Fran said there is a web site called the mandala project. Thank you for the great post Fran! I'm so glad you are enjoying your grand daughters! If you want to share your summer fun ideas, leave a post on my adoption forum on the side bar. The best post will get a care package from Germany!