This blog covers our wait, travel, and adjustment to our 4 year old adopted Chinese daughter Sarah Shui Qing from Nanjing. There are over 1000 posts. I have moved my blog to Catching Butterflies 2. I hope you will enjoy reading this blog. It has alot of information on Special needs adoption. Follow us to our new address Catching Butterflies 2! Thank you for reading!

Monday, July 09, 2007


I was just reading a blog called Our whole world in his hands. They got a cool tag...list 5 reasons you love Jesus. I didn't get tagged to answer this question, but I thought I would give it a shot anyway. If you want to answer it too, then be my guest.
1. I love him because he first loved me. Those are words from a song, but it's also the truth. God sent Jesus to die for my sins...proving his love for me long before I considered him. My love is only a reaction to the action Jesus already did. This truth really inspires me. As you all know I must love Sarah, even when she does not love me. I think adoption is a very good picture of the grace God already gave us. I sought her out, and gave to meet her need. I don't do this because I'm some amazing person, I just respond with the grace I've already received from God through Jesus.
2. I belong to a heavenly family. I've been adopted by God because of Jesus. It's by his grace I am now a child of God. I am so amazed to be able to go all over the world and enter into fellowship with other believers, and know I belong to a very big family. This feeling of belonging is very special. Again, it is part of what has inspired me to adopt. I think all children should have a family they belong to. I belong to an earthly family, but also a heavenly one.
3. Jesus did not leave me alone, but sent the Holy Spirit to comfort, advice, and transform me. His Holy Spirit actually changes me into the image of Jesus. I am very far from looking like Jesus, but I'm in the process. This process was begun by Jesus himself.
4. Jesus prays for me. The Bible says Jesus stands at the right hand of God the Father praying for me. He defends me and he considers my needs...and the needs of my children.
5. He no longer calls me his servant, but his friend. I wish everyone could really understand the difference. I am very much honored to serve God, not because I must, but because I love him so much and I really want to serve him! I hope I can parent my children in such a way as to love God. I have a lot of work to do, but I know I've got help!

I've been a Christian for over 30 years now. I’ve seen God do many wonderful things, and I've been filled with peace and joy. I wish I could express how much love I feel from Jesus. I guess the closest thing would be to say I was not a child of God and now I am. Accepted, loved, provided for and cherished. I was not...and now I am!