This blog covers our wait, travel, and adjustment to our 4 year old adopted Chinese daughter Sarah Shui Qing from Nanjing. There are over 1000 posts. I have moved my blog to Catching Butterflies 2. I hope you will enjoy reading this blog. It has alot of information on Special needs adoption. Follow us to our new address Catching Butterflies 2! Thank you for reading!

Saturday, January 06, 2007

Hi, I have good news and bad news.The good news is my online friend Hedda got her beautiful daughter Maddie. The first 24 hours were a little ruff. Maddie was sad, and afraid. It is such a big thing to take a child away from all that she knows! She is now doing better. She is smiling and even laughing.The bad news is they won't be allowed to visit the SWI(social welfare institute). Sometimes they let families visit, other times they don't. I am pretty sure they will find a way to pass Sarah's princess dress on to her. I am sorry she won't also be receiving a hug from me! I may or may not get photos from the director. This is disappointing...but I already have many more photos then most people get! It really is OK!
We are trying to come up with a travel plan for when we travel. We are still thinking of taking all the kids. There is a direct flight (over night) from Frankfurt to Shanghai.An over night direct flight is the only way to fly with our autistic daughter Jessica. We think we may go to Shanghai for 5 days or so and stay at a full service apartment. We would basically get over the jet lag, and do some early shopping and sight seeing (who knows what we can do once we get Sarah). Then we would take the train to Nanjing (only two hours away). We would get Sarah, and finalize the adoption.
Then Juergen would take all but Sarah back to Germany, and I would stay and finish the American part of the adoption(this includes traveling to Guangzhou in the South of China, and a trip to the USA). My mom wants to come to China with us, so I will not be alone! We need to figure out when she can meet us. Anyway, the ideas are flying, we are dreaming,and I guess at some point we will finalize our plans! Sorry again for not getting new pictures. Somethings are out of my control...but you know I will keep trying!