This blog covers our wait, travel, and adjustment to our 4 year old adopted Chinese daughter Sarah Shui Qing from Nanjing. There are over 1000 posts. I have moved my blog to Catching Butterflies 2. I hope you will enjoy reading this blog. It has alot of information on Special needs adoption. Follow us to our new address Catching Butterflies 2! Thank you for reading!

Monday, January 01, 2007




I just read one person traveling with a toddler on the flight from China took play-doh on the plane,and a thing called Table toppers. These are place mats that are disposable and stick in place. This sounded like a good tip! As you can guess, I am starting to pack for our long trip. I not only travel to China, but also to the USA to get Sarah's American passport. I think we are going to apply for our Chinese visas this week. We have to go to the Chinese embassy in Frankfurt to do this. The visas are only good for 3 months, but I am pretty sure that will be OK. I am going to pack the stuff for Sarah, and the gifts for the orphanage...and make a list for everything else. I welcome your ideas. It will be a very long trip!