This blog covers our wait, travel, and adjustment to our 4 year old adopted Chinese daughter Sarah Shui Qing from Nanjing. There are over 1000 posts. I have moved my blog to Catching Butterflies 2. I hope you will enjoy reading this blog. It has alot of information on Special needs adoption. Follow us to our new address Catching Butterflies 2! Thank you for reading!

Wednesday, January 10, 2007

Ok, this is what desperate moms do besides watching the grass grow (and trust me it does not grow fast in the winter time)! Today we are on day 51 of our TA wait, in one week (Jan 17TH) we will be on day 58, one week more (Jan 24TH) it will be day 65, one week more (Jan 31) is day 72(getting exciting) a week more (Feb 7) is day 79...Feb 7TH is also Sarah's 4TH birthday, one week more is Feb 14TH and also the last week before Chinese New Years shuts everything down it is day 86 of our TA wait, one week more and it's day 93 on Feb 21, one more week is Feb 28th and day number 100. I would love that TA to come by Sarah’s birthday (Feb 7TH). Even if we can not travel before the Chinese New Years (and I am trying to prepare myself for this because that is how it looks right now), I would love to at least have everything set up to go right after the New Years shut down. Maybe I will make a TA calendar, sort of like an advent calendar. I will put a dollar (Euro) into a jar for each day I wait out this TA.Then I will buy myself a gift to celebrate when it finally comes! Today I have 51 Euros.......Maybe I had better give myself 2 Euros a day?