This blog covers our wait, travel, and adjustment to our 4 year old adopted Chinese daughter Sarah Shui Qing from Nanjing. There are over 1000 posts. I have moved my blog to Catching Butterflies 2. I hope you will enjoy reading this blog. It has alot of information on Special needs adoption. Follow us to our new address Catching Butterflies 2! Thank you for reading!

Saturday, June 02, 2007

I found this on Janet’s hungry, my favorite food blog. I'm going to try it this week! It sounds wonderful! She loves bread pudding and makes it is many different ways. Germans love bread, and we have loads of stale bread. I'm wondering what it would taste like with peaches and raisins and cinnamon together with a milk chocolate or vanilla pudding sauce? Now that would be comfort food! Sarah has a thing for pudding. She has a problem with milk, so I give her lactose free milk, and soy pudding. I'm sure I can work out a lactose free bread pudding maybe with a vanilla pudding sauce. She loves all things sweet!




Chocolate Raspberry Banana Bread Pudding

2 cups stale bread, torn into small pieces
2 oz semi sweet chocolate chips
1 cup raspberries (frozen or fresh)
1 ripe banana, mashed
2 cups milk
2 eggs
1 tsp vanilla
1/2 tsp salt

1. Place half of the torn bread in a greased casserole dish, spread the raspberries and mashed bananas on top. Then layer the remaining torn bread on top of that.

2. Heat milk in a small saucepan. Add chocolate chips and stir until melted. Let cool slightly. Mix in eggs, vanilla and salt.

3. Pour milk and egg mixture over the bread and let sit for a few minutes.

4. Bake 350F for about 50 minutes until set. Let sit for about 15 minutes before serving. Top with chocolate sauce.