This blog covers our wait, travel, and adjustment to our 4 year old adopted Chinese daughter Sarah Shui Qing from Nanjing. There are over 1000 posts. I have moved my blog to Catching Butterflies 2. I hope you will enjoy reading this blog. It has alot of information on Special needs adoption. Follow us to our new address Catching Butterflies 2! Thank you for reading!

Wednesday, June 06, 2007



Sarah doesn't ever want to sleep. She takes no naps and she does not fall asleep at night until 10:30pm. It's like she is having such a good time, and doesn't want to miss a thing. She was building a wooden train set with Philip, and all of a sudden she got really mean. She started to break the train, and hit Philip. He did not do anything to provoke her. I told him to just walk away from this irrational creature. She cried, first for Juergen, and then for Mickey. I got Mickey and sat on the overstuffed chair with her. She fell right to sleep.


I don't wanna close my eyes
I don't wanna fall asleep
'Cause I'd miss you, babe
And I don't wanna miss a thing
'Cause even when I dream of you
The sweetest dream will never do
I'd still miss you, babe
And I don't wanna miss a thing