This blog covers our wait, travel, and adjustment to our 4 year old adopted Chinese daughter Sarah Shui Qing from Nanjing. There are over 1000 posts. I have moved my blog to Catching Butterflies 2. I hope you will enjoy reading this blog. It has alot of information on Special needs adoption. Follow us to our new address Catching Butterflies 2! Thank you for reading!

Sunday, June 10, 2007


I've gotten a few comments lately that I spend so much time with my kids, and need time for myself. I agree self time is important. Right now I have to take a hot bath if I want to be alone! Self time will come, and soon. Sarah begins Kindergarten in a few short months. In September all my kids will be in school again. Then I will have the whole morning to myself. Sure, I will still need to cook, clean, and shop but I will be alone. I'm a stay at home Mom. I worked outside the house for years but now I spend time with my kid’s full time! I love my "job". Trust me; I have a very strong identity apart from my kids. I have friends and interests apart from my kids. I don't have the time right now to spend a great deal of "self" time...but it's a transitional time. I want more time with Juergen. We use to have a babysitter a few times a month. We need to prepare Sarah to have a babysitter. I want to get out with my man. I love my girlfriends but I want to go out with Juergen! Don't worry about me. I'm doing what I wanted to do. I'm spending my days cooking make believe cookies with my Chinese princess. I'm receiving the hugs and kisses I waited so long to receive. I'm no longer staring at the picture of a child waiting in an orphanage halfway around the world! I'm 45 years old. I've had plenty of time for myself. I'm sure I will have plenty of time again. Now I am doing what so many of you are counting the days to do...I'm falling in love with my new baby!