This blog covers our wait, travel, and adjustment to our 4 year old adopted Chinese daughter Sarah Shui Qing from Nanjing. There are over 1000 posts. I have moved my blog to Catching Butterflies 2. I hope you will enjoy reading this blog. It has alot of information on Special needs adoption. Follow us to our new address Catching Butterflies 2! Thank you for reading!

Wednesday, June 20, 2007


Sarah cried herself to sleep tonight. Juergen was helping Nicole practice for an oral presentation in Chemistry. She needs to do a 20 minute presentation with hand outs on gases in the atmosphere (she is only in the 8th grade). Juergen is going to a party on Saturday night. The party is out of town and he won't return until Sunday. We thought we had better practice making Sarah let Mama put her to bed. I'm sorry to report it did not go well! She would not let me hold her hand. She cried the whole time for Juergen. She finally just cried herself to sleep. She isn't the only one crying! I guess this is just one more valley we are going to have to pass through. I really don't mind her preferring Papa, but her total rejection of me kind of hurts! OK, she does not totally reject me. I guess that's what makes it so strange. She is cuddling with me all afternoon, and then treating me like I'm dirt at night. I don't mind her wanting her time with Papa, but I should (in my small mind) be an OK substitute once in awhile!